A user will get "No Connection" when they are unable to make a valid connection to the central Filecloud server.
- Possible causes are:
- Firewall preventing Filecloud from makeing SSH connection
- Virus Scanner not allowing the Filecloud.SAgent3 sync component from running (AVG antivirus info)
- A Proxy Server
- Or simply a slow or unstable Internet connection error.
- Some quick troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.
- Test your connection by browsing to www.onlinebackupcompany.com
- Check if you are behind a Proxy server or a Firewall
- A Network Admin may need to allow the Filecloud connection to ports 80 and 443 as they are needed for http and https - standard port 443 is needed for SSH as well - commonly blocked on corporate firewall
Check if you are behind a Proxy :
- Open IE and go to Internet Options,
- Connections tab
- LAN Settings. Nothing should be checked in here.