FileLink is an easy and secure way of sharing files with people who do not have access to your Vault. Sending a link to a file on Vault is a safer method than sending attachments and eliminates the worry of sending files too large for mailbox limits.
FileLink can be used by anyone and requires no software to be installed to download the file. You control how long the file is available for access and can be notified when the file has been downloaded.
- Send large files through email
- Control how long someone can access the file for
- Get notified when someone access your file
- Set a maximum of downloads
- Password protect the link
To send a file from your Filecloud Vault you first need to open your Filecloud drive:
- Browse to the file you need to send
- Right-click on the file and go to 'OBC Filecloud Tools'
- Then select 'Send FileLink'
- Fill in the necessary fields in the Filelink screen
* You can also choose:
- how long the link will be available
- if you would like to be notified when the filelink is accessed
- to password protect the link
- to set a maximum number of downloads